Women's MinistriesMs Aileen PakaoWomen’s Ministries Director
“ A PURPOSE FOR EVERY WOMEN” TOUCH A HEAR TELL THE WORLD”
The Department of Women's Ministries exists to uphold, encourage, and challenge Adventist women in their pilgrimage as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of His world church.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The primary purpose of the Women’s Ministries Department is to support, nurture, and facilitate women in their Christian lives as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of His Church. In consultation
with administration and other departments of the Church, the department shares the responsibility for developing evangelistic strategies and provides training to equip the women of the Church to uplift Jesus Christ in the Home, Church and
in the world.
In cooperation with the Department at Union and SPD, Women’s Ministries in the WHM will among other things, focus on six critical issues that prevent women from reaching their full potential: illiteracy, poverty, risks to health, abuse, length of workday and poor working conditions, and the need for training and mentoring for greater involvement in the mission of the Church.
Our mission is in the larger sense common to all Christians—that of uplifting Christ in the church and in the world. But more specifically, we arecalled to:
- elevate women as persons of inestimable worth because they have been created and redeemed
- enable women to deepen their faith and experience spiritual growth and renewal
- build networks among women in the world church to encourage bonds of friendship and mutual support and the creative exchange of ideas and information
- mentor young Adventist women, encouraging their involvement, and creating paths for them as they reach for their potential in Christ
- seek expanding avenues of dynamic Christian service for women
- challenge each Adventist woman with her potential to complement the gifts given to other women and men as they work side by side to further the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- bring women's unique perspectives to the issues facing the world church
seek expanding avenues of dynamic Christian service for women that out of the fullness we as women have personally found in Jesus Christ, we may be empowered to share the good news within our families, among our fellow believers, and in ever expanding circles in the unsaved world.